Monday, July 4, 2011

Creature Feature - 4th of July Edition

I was trying to think of some clever way to write about Rhode Island's fauna. In waiting, however, I was able to capture the elusive Cookie Monster, rarely seen away from Sesame Street, NYC. He was a part of the July 4 parade in Bristol. (Incidentally, the longest and strangest parade to which I've ever been.) Reece, who knows "Cookie" from the show, was quite terrified of him from afar. Later, Elmo came walking by and Reece cowered.
I'll throw in this "two-fer," which I believe meets the requirements of this challenge as well as a challenge past. Caitlin and I are trying to potty train Reece. I never really noticed that this task was called "training," rather than say "teaching," but it's basically the same thing as training a dog: lots of messes, a great deal of frustration, and ever more laundry.
One more... City folk need to get out to the country every now and again to rediscover their agrarian roots (in Johnston, which amazingly enough transforms from suburbs to rural over about 100 yards). In this one, Reece meets his first donkey after strawberry picking. There was a llama in the pen, too, but not close enough to get a picture of the two of them. Of course, this doesn't really help my case for being "in the field," but it's the truth.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome photos! That baby is so beautiful. Is he still a monkey in his own right too? I can't believe he's potty training and picking strawberries and showing moderate manual dexterity and everything! Thanks so much for sharing, and love to the whole fam :)

Susan said...

Best. Blog post. EVER.