Friday, June 13, 2008

Time for Methods not Theory!

Waiting for my flight to "the field." (Well actually, to Singapore from where I'll be heading to Bangalore and then finally to Calcutta sometime next week...) But still, exciting to finally be heading out rather than sitting around trying to write a final paper while mindlessly staring into space. Having said that I'm trying to shift gears from "theory" to "methods" and feeling overwhelmed... Fieldnotes? Interviews? Participant observation? What??? Oh dear.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yeah Sohini, off to the field! And I think Stacey leaves tomorrow! So now we´ll all be in the field and able to swap methodological freak-outs and insights! Go Cohort!

Laura (laouwra) said...

Freakout indeed!! Hope everyone is in good spirits. Will post soon - as soon as I can find a moment to reflect and type my notes ... what was that about typing notes up every night? Ugh!