Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scavenger Call #5: BUSES

Well, after such resounding success on that last post, I'm so excited to announce the next! In particular, all your enthusiasm gives me high hopes to make this a more regular feature again, so with that long-term plan in mind, I am going to suggest a fairly specific task. That way we just might have enough stuff to get us through the next several months of fieldwork (6 months and 3 days for me -- scary!).

Going back to that original list, I think it's time for something from the transport category. And, given anthropologists' proclivity toward road accidents (cf. half of Susan's stories from Bolivia), I could think of no better topic for this post than...

***BUS PHOTOS!!***

So yes, calling all bus stories and photos: colorfully painted passenger buses, translations of things commonly written on buses, competing over how many people squeeze onto your buses, and, for serious bonus points, video of actually riding on said buses! (I know Susan has a head start on this one too, but let her serve as an inspiration to us all.)

You have one week. Let's do this.

No comments: